I made these cute teacher gifts last month for my boys' teachers and haven't had a chance since I gave them away to post a picture. The teachers loved them. I made 10 cards that were the 3x3" size and also made this cute box to put them in. There were 5 designs and I made 2 of each design for each box. The designer paper I used is retired, but I have a ton of retired papers left and decided to use some of it up. I love pink and brown together. I made 6 sets of these. I took me an entire night to make all of them, but it was a lot of fun!
I knew there would be questions about the box design. I found sort of a template online, but the measurements didn't work and the directions didn't make any sense. So, I made up my own template. Also, I wanted the box to be big enough to hold the cards plus the envelopes, and I designed it so everything would fit perfectly. Below is the template and some easy directions.
Bottom of Box
1. Cut cardstock 8 1/2" by 5 1/4".
2. On the 8 1/2" side, score in 3 1/2" from each end.
3. On the 5 1/4" side, score in 1" from each end.
4. Cut in on the 3 1/2" score line up to the 1" score line. I made a cute point at this part so it isn't so bulky when you put it together.
5. Fold the box up, and use sticky strip to hold it together
1. Cut cardstock 5 3/8" by 3 1/2".
2. Score in 1" on all four sides.
3. Snip in on the 3 1/2" side up to the score line. I cut out the "V" to make the sides fold easier again.
4. Add sticky strip to the inside of the corners and fold together.
Decorate with designer paper of choice and add a ribbon around the top.
Let me know what you think!